Business Licenses & Permits

Get a list of central, state and local licenses and permits required for your business. Check the applicability for your entreprise. An interactive way of looking at the step by step processes are available at Investing Tamil Nadu. If you are a simple trading unit or a service unit, these may not apply:

For manufacturing industries, the following agencies may lay down restrictions:

• Pollution Clearance: Noisy or polluting activities may be restricted by TN Pollution Control Board. If your manufacturing causes air or water pollution, you shall have to apply for consent from the TNPCB. Apply online if you fall in such category.

• Land reclassification: In case you are planning to build your own unit, Zoning restrictions by the Local Planning Authority or CMDAmay restrict your location. So you may have to apply for land reclassification if your location is not a mixed use or industrial use zone.

• Building Plan approvals: You may also have to apply for building plan approval in case you are planning to build your unit to the local body ie., panchayat or town panchayat or muncipality or chennai corporation.

• Power connection: is required from TANGEDCO if you are setting up your own building. Applications need to be downloaded and submitted at your local TANGEDCO office.